Thursday, August 26, 2010

Bus Factor

Recently I came across a pretty interesting term called Bus Factor in a software project.
















According to Wikipedia,the bus factor is the total number of key developers who would need to be incapacitated, (as by getting hit by a bus) to send the project into such disarray that it would not be able to proceed.

Obviously,for project managers,its important to increase the Bus Factor as much as possible....and for developers (like me) its important to try to keep it as low as possible :) .

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you, that was extremely valuable and interesting...I will be back again to read more on this topic.

Anonymous said...

Sweet web site, I hadn't come across www.ananyobanerjee.blogspot.com earlier during my searches!
Carry on the wonderful work!

Leela Prasad said...

Really nice one Ananyo..

Amit C said...

very good thought....Managers listening